(click image above to enlarge)
Harris Tweed, Herringbone Tweed, anything wooly—I love it! Wearing tweed reminds me that the season is changing and the holidays are just around the corner. In San Francisco the changing of the seasons is subtle—no big snowstorms, just a bit of a chill in the air and an amber tinge to the sunlight. Here’s some of my favorite tweed and wooly items on my wish list right now:
1) This Paris Herringbone Tweed bicycle helmet would be perfect for the next Tweed Run (check out the San Francisco Tweed here)! You can pick different covers that fit snugly over a tough helmet form. You can even get optional ear warmers—for those chilly autumn rides.
2) Every autumn, when I was a kid, I would get a new pair of desert boots—but I never had a pair of Harris Tweed desert boots! Clarks released this special tweed desert boot, with contrasting leather trim, to celebrate the 60th anniversary of their most iconic footwear styles.
3) The blue and gray tweed front panels give this wool cardigan a vintage feel—Mr. Rogers never had a cardigan sweater this chic!
4) Mr. Peacock loves this Patch NYC pillow with a silk-screened gentleman’s pipe drawn by Don Carney.
5) I like the simplicity of this wooly web belt.
6) This wool Wheeler Shirt jacket is currently at the top of my wish list. I love the detailing: horn buttons, white and brown plaid lining, and elbow patches (see photo at top right).
7) Hmmm, I’m not sure which pair of tweed desert boots I like best? I think these blue and gray plaid wool desert boots are the winner!
8) Engineered Garments has a plethora of tweed and wooly goodies in their Fall/Winter Collection that will keep you stylishly warm and cozy (at right).
What wooly or Tweed items are you going to wear this season to keep warm and cozy?