Thursday, April 9, 2009
Above: The Seekers, looking very stylish and polished, performing the song, Georgy Girl—which was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1966.
The Seekers were a popular 1960's folk-influenced music group from Melbourne, Australia. They’ve sold over 50 million records and had a string of hits including: I’ll Never Find Another You, and Georgy Girl (the title song from the film of the same name). Mr. Peacock remembers singing along with his mom to the song Georgy Girl, while it blared through the AM car radio.
Looking Mod (above) circa 1965—The Seekers: Keith Potger, Judith Durham, Bruce Woodley, and Athol Guy.
Mr. Peacock is inspired by the style of the gentlemen band members of The Seekers. They always looked so stylish in matching Mod trim-cut suits, or dressed casually in Ivy League style apparel. The perfect looks for this spring!
The Seekers—Look #1 click image to enlarge
1) Red/Navy check button down shirt
2) The perfect khakis, with detachable belt
3) Canvas and suede slip-on shoe
4) Cricket cable v-neck sweater
The Seekers—Look #2 click image to enlarge
1) Classic eyewear (in wood!)
2) Short sleeve slim fit Tattersall shirt
3) Dark grey slim fit trousers, with a cuff
4) Leather D-Ring loafers
5) Ring belt with rectangular buckle
The Seekers—Look #3 click image to enlarge
1) Slim dark suit
2) High button down collared shirt
3) Narrow dark linen tie
4) Leather ankle boot, with side zip
5) Leather and crocodile lace-up shoe
Here’s the trailer to the 1966 British film Georgy Girl.The stellar Oscar nominated cast includes: Lynn Redgrave, James Mason, Alan Bates, and Charlotte Rampling. If you haven’t seen Georgy Girl—Netflix it this weekend!