(click image above to enlarge)
It’s midsummer, and here’s Mr. Peacock’s wish list of striped goodies:
1) These striped raw silk ties would be the perfect accessory, with your khaki or white suit, for a summer wedding or garden party.
2) You would feel like Fred Astaire lounging on this vintage 1930’s bamboo chaise lounge, with a multi-striped fringed canopy and cushion.
3) Striped ribbon belts are a staple in Mr. Peacock’s summer wardrobe. This multi-striped ribbon belt has a complete line-up of preppy colors—perfect with cut off khaki shorts.
4) These elephant gray striped socks are punctuated with an occasional colored stripe, and would add a subtle touch of color and whimsy to your gentleman attire.
5) You can rest your head on this wool striped pillow while star gazing on lazy summer evenings, and if it gets a bit cool...you can get cozy with the matching striped tassel-trimmed throw.
6) This beautiful striped wool and silk rug is appropriately called Spectrum, and would feel very soft and luxurious on tired bare feet.
7) Paul Smith’s iconic stripes look fantastic on this large cotton beach towel. Why just use it at the beach? These towels would be chic in a bathroom too.
8) A mix of these striped cotton napkins, or placemats, would elevate even a simple back yard cookout to something special.
Mr. Peacock always liked the colored stripes of Beechnut gum. Are you wearing any stripes this summer?