(click image above to enlarge)
Here’s my wish list of hot dog goodies that pay homage to this little four legged friend:
1) This playful little brass dachshund placecard holder would make your dinner guests smile.
2) Yes, this trio of wiener dogs on this dachshund tote may be a bit campy, but it could be a fun tote for carrying your goodies from the farmer’s market this summer.
3) Mr. Peacock loves this wire dachshund garden topiary frame. It would be chic as an objet de art, resting atop of your Saarinen table.
4) The dilemma—black or white? These sleek stylized ceramic dachshunds would make a nice accent piece.
6) You can find lots of vintage depictions of wiener dogs. This vintage Dachshund letter holder has a hole in the back for a pencil (tail).
7) This vintage black cast iron dachshund bottle opener would be a chic and charming addition to any bar.
9) This little dachshund lamp could be a welcoming beacon of light in your hallway when you come home late at night.
Mr. Peacock is allergic to dogs, but if I wasn’t, I’d probably adopt a handful of blind rescue dogs with three legs.
Years ago, Mr. Peacock attended the Dachshund festival in Washington Square Park, in New York City—which is always held in May. The highlight of the festival is the group singing of a special Doxie song (above). If you’re looking for a dachshund (or any specific) breed of dog there are many wonderful rescue dogs available here.