Incorporating some polka dots into your wardrobe won’t make you look like a clown, on the contrary, adding a touch of this old fashioned pattern can look quite dapper and modern. Mr. Peacock has always had a weakness for polka dots and clowns. Here’s some polka dot goodies that will add a dash of charm to your peacock wardrobe.
(click image above to enlarge)
1) A polka dot necktie is an easy way to add some polka dots into your wardrobe and this one is a classic beauty. This tie comes in 6 great colorways, more information here.
2) Mr. Peacock adores this black motorcycle helmut with white polka dots! Zooming around town on your motorcycle in this helmut would look very dandy, and quite handsome too with your motorcycle leathers. You can order one here.
3) You already know my penchant for patchwork, so I don't even have to explain the appeal of this patchwork polka dot silk scarf. This silk scarf would look great (and feel great too) just hanging around your neck with a simple white t-shirt and jeans. Order one here.
4) Take a cue from René in Berlin on how socks can add a jolt of personality to your wardobe. These polka dots socks would look great this spring worn with some penny loafers. Buy a pair here or a smaller polka dotted pair here.
5) Mr. Peacock has had many navy with white polka dot shirts over the years. This polka dot shirt (available in white dots on either a black or navy background) would be very versatile—leave the cuffs unbuttoned and wear it with your favorite jeans for a casual chic, or dress it up with a traditional blazer and the best khakis you can find. Buy a black shirt here, or a navy shirt here.
6) I’ve already shown you some great umbrellas, but if you owned this hand made French polka dot umbrella by gentleman peacock, Duncan Quinn, you would pray for rain. Order one here.
7) This bold graphic Italian dotted scarf would add some flair wrapped around your neck, or carefully folded and billowing out of your blazer pocket. Buy one here, or watch for a vintage polka dot scarf at your local flea market or yard sale.
8) At his Fall 2009 Menswear Collection, British designer, Paul Smith, showed splashes of polka dot accessories, including scarves and ties. Mr. Smith expertly layered these dotted accessories with other patterns such as plaid. Whether you choose to mix your polka dots with patterns or just use them to accent solid colors, don't wait until fall. Add some polka dots to your wardrobe now!