Here's a few goodies that are on my list for Santa:
(click image to enlarge)
1) Artist, Milton Carter, makes clever and interesting t-shirts that you won’t see anyone else wearing. This Greco-Roman t-shirt in the color "deep sea" is a beauty...and it’s also on sale, buy it here while they last!
2) Mr. Peacock adores this signed photograph by Erwan Frotin—one out of sixteen, from the series “Flora Olbiensis.” Frotin’s exuberant portraits of tiny wild flowers
found in the fields and forests around the Villa Noailles in Hyères, France, resonate with the Surrealist history of the location. Built in 1925-27 by the architect Robert Mallet Stevens, the villa was a holiday home for the Vicountess Marie-Laure de Noailles, a famous patron of artists including Jean Cocteau, and Man Ray. The dimensions of this gorgeous print is 11.7” x 14.6’, with a .4” white border. Purchase one here see the other beautiful prints in this series.
3) This small red vintage chair is only 22’’ high. It would look great in a bathroom holding a stack of clean, white towels, or next to your bed with a stack of your favorite art books. This little chair would add a touch of whimsy and a pop of color to any room, without being too cute. Buy one here.
4) Jean-Michel Cazabat has designed for some of the leading shoe companies, including Charles Jourdan and Stephane Kelian. He recently launched his own line of men’s shoes. Jean-Michel Cazabat shoes are hand cobbled by artisans and combine both comfort and style into each exquisite shoe. This stunning pair of gun metal silver "Matt" oxfords would look great at any holiday soirée. You can order a pair here, they're on sale too! FYI: Mr. Peacock is a size 10, if you want to order an extra pair.
5) This hand made “Queen Anne’s Lace” tea strainer, by the amazing designer Ted Muehling, has been on Mr. Peacock’s wish list for at least 10 years. This delicate, barely concave disc of silver (½” x 4 ½”) rests atop your teacup and makes the mundane task of straining the leaves from your tea into something special. You can purchase one here.
6) Mr. Peacock looks forward to this seasonal holiday tea by renowned French tea company Mariage Frères. “Esprit de Noël” is a rich and velvety smooth, sweet black tea with orange rinds, vanilla and spices. Don’t assume this is your run-of-the-mill “orange-spice tea” because it’s not—this extraordinary tea is like drinking Christmas in a cup. Buy some of this exquisite, limited edition tea here.
7) Need help making decisions? This handy little “roulette-wheel” paper weight will guide you in decision making from the comfort of your desk—and besides, it’s much more chic than that Magic 8-ball hidden in your desk drawer. Take a spin and leave it to chance. Along with the standard yes and no answers, outcomes include: today, tomorrow, pass the buck, reorganize, maybe, and sit on it. Buy one here, from the Japanese emporium, Takashimaya.