Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thanks for the birthday greetings!

Thank you everyone for the birthday greetings! And thank you to Mistress MJ at Infomaniac for the naughty birthday wishes last Friday.

My favorite Aunt sent me a birthday card and a check (she has every year since I was born). This year she also included a tree dedication in my name through the Arbor Day Foundation. She's been "green" her entire life. You can buy a tree for someone here.

My mom took these photos at my birthday party when I turned 3 years old.
I’m the chunky one in the short coveralls. We didn’t have big fancy, themed birthday parties as a child—just a few kids, ice cream and a homemade birthday cake on a sunny June day.

At the party, my cousin Tracy, (I’m 2 months older) started to cry for some reason ...and ran to her mom, my Aunt Criss. I actually remember thinking, “Why are you crying Tracy, it’s my birthday party!?”

One of my mom’s best friends, Nancy, brought her 2 sons, Ron and Tony. Ron was the oldest—maybe 6 or 7 years old. He didn’t really want play with us little kids.

My mom said, “I want a picture of you and Ron…” So I grabbed his hand and my mom took the picture. Oh, to be 3 years old again...

My partner Jason made me a clever homemade birthday card (which he always does for me), and a wonderful dinner….and I received nice cards (and gifts) from my sisters too. Thanks everyone—I appreciate it!

What's your favorite birthday memory?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww look at those adorably chubby knees! Happy barfday, Master P :)

The Mistress said...

Oooo, look at the steely set to your jaw and the foot poised to kick the bejasus out of that other little kid.

Loved seeing you in that Black Watch plaid jacket as a wee tyke when I clicked on your “My Favorite Aunt” link. Mad for plaid at an early age, I see.

It was a pleasure to partake in your birthday festivities.

My fave birthday memories are too numerous to mention as that is my favourite day of the year and I always like a fuss made over it.

Uncle Beefy said...

Okay...so clearly I have missed the mark (not atypical por moi) and now am wishing you a belated but very enthusiastic "Happy Birthday!" Sounds like you had a lovely time.

Somehow I thought maybe it was you in the yellow dress wanting to be picked up so that the camera could get a better shot? ;) (just joshin')

Anonymous said...

Okay, so these photos bring back memories! We lived on Lee Street, where one sunny summer day (when you were 3)you hid from me in the the corner of the back lot. I hysterically enlisted the neighbors to look for you and was so stressed, got a migraine for two days. When we found you, you were crouched in the corner, giggling. A few days later, it all evened up. You were eating a cricket--it's legs were hanging from the corner of your mouth, and you had a big smile on your face. I can still see the little black legs--it was too "icky" for me to pull them out, so I just let you swallow...great memories.

SkitzoLeezra said...

Me: with a giant sombrero in my hands, chasing you:
Hap-py Birthday, Happy Happy Birthday! ((repeat))

Unknown said...

Nice Clicks.This is one of the best resources I have seen in a long time. Posted to our non-fiction marketing blog, letting them know to substitute book sales for traffic. While it is great for blog traffic, the ideas work beyond blogging for writing book descriptions or sales pages also. Thank you for putting this together!.Best Wishes