Salvador Dali left us 20 years ago this month. To honor his memory, Mr. Peacock is keepin’ it surreal with some inspirational goodies for your home. Every home, whether it's modern or traditional in style, needs a bit of whimsy... but remember a little dab will do you.
(click image to enlarge)
1) This sweet Kiss Seat, by Heller, is made from a soft molded polymer resin and is perfect for both indoors or outdoors. It’s inspired by Salvador Dali’s famous lipstick-red Mae West sofa from 1936. You can order a one seater Kiss here. It’s also available as a two seater Bocca loveseat here.
2) The warm golden glow from this Jeeves bowler hat pendant light would make any dandy swoon. Mr. Peacock wants a pair for his bedroom. This dapper pendant light is also available in a top hat version, with a silver interior. More information here.
3) Who doesn’t need an extra hand around the house? This resin Grab Hand Hook is perfect for holding house keys and wandering USB flash drives. Mr. Peacock has a similar porcelain hand in our entry way, and that’s exactly what we use it for. Buy one here.
4) Whenever I’m in the kitchen of my chef friend, Sharon, my eye always focuses on her enchanting lifelike artichoke candle. It was given to her as a gift and she "didn’t know what the hell to do with it," so it graciously sits in her kitchen. This Artichoke Candle would add a bit of whimsy to your home, wherever you place it. Plus, you’ll be able to use it whenever the electricity goes out. Order one or two here.
5) This chic Hand/Foot Coffee Table with a glass top is by one of Mr. Peacock’s favorite artists—Pedro Friedberg. This one of kind beauty is available here. Mr. Friedberg also designed a Hand/Foot occassional table—take a peek here.
6) Leave it to Vivienne Westwood to design a beautiful trompe-l'oeil rug of "trash" (labels, bits of boxes, etc…). The palette of this Wool Rubbish Rug, taupe with pops of red and yellow, would add a warmth and coziness to any room. Mr. Peacock wants one for his entry way. More information here.
7) Who doesn’t need a giant black foot (more than a yard and half long) in their home? This iconic Foot Sculpture is not upholstered, but covered in a kind of polyurethane varnish which is sprayed onto the piece of foam mold. You can sit on it, but it’s really meant to be a dramatic oversized objet des art. It was designed by, Gaetano Pesce, in the late 1960’s as part of the “UP” series (UP 7) for the furniture company C&B Italia (later B&B Italia). You can contact B&B Italia for more information.
8) This life size postmarked French Envelope Tray (3” x 4.75”) would be perfect for catching loose change or keeping stamps for real mail. It’s a bargain for only $16.00. Order one here.
Be sure and take at peek Mr. Peacock’s postings on peacock icons, Piero Fornasetti and Tony Duquette, for more surreal objects and furniture ideas for your home.